HistoryTours Powered by Google Earth
US History Tours powered by Google Earth. This new format traces historical developments across time, touching down on locations vital to our nation's heritage and development. Points of interest in each tour launch primary and multimedia sources.
To download: Windows users: right-click, "save link as"; Mac users: ctrl+click, "save as".
- Pre-Columbian Sites and Their Significance
- The Revolutionary War
- The Lewis & Clark Expedition
- Indian Removal
- The Path to Civil War
- The Emergence of a National Park System
- Conflicts in WWII: Pearl Harbor, Midway, D-Day, Stalingrad, Okinawa & Others
- The Road to Civil Rights
- Vietnam Conflicts: Dien bien Phu, Ia Drang, Khe Sanh, My Lai, Kent State & Others
- The 20th Century Power Grid: From Hydro-Electric to Nuclear Power
Getting Started :
- If you haven’t done it already, download Google Earth™ and install it on your computer.
- If you haven't done it already, download one of the History Tours file and save a copy to your desktop.
By downloading these files, you acknowledge that it was created solely to accompany Give Me Liberty, 3e and is limited to use with only this title and may not be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form by any means for any other purpose without the written permission of the publisher.
- Double-click the file and Google Earth™ will open automatically.
- In the left-hand sidebar you will see a Places menu, and in the Temporary Places Content you will see the title of the tour. Double-click the file to open it and visit several locations on the tour.