IMPORTANT: I AM NO LONGER USING THIS PAGE FOR MY CLASSES. PLEASE HEAD TO MY GOOGLE CLASSROOM FOR ALL INFORMATION RELATED TO YOUR REMOTE CHOIR CLASS.
Corona-cation Game Plan
I am going to miss you guys over this break. While you are away, wash your hands A LOT and do all those things you never have time to do like read the Encyclopedia from start to finish.
Obviously, given the nature of our choir experience, it's a bit difficult to continue with our regular work. There are however a couple of things I want you to do on a regular basis so that our musical minds and voices don't atrophy too much! You will keep track of your daily work (see below for details) using this log.
1) Breezin' Thru Music Theory: The minimum requirement for everyone is to Complete 2 drills a day. Your overall goal for the next two weeks is to complete Chapter 2. If you can get further, GREAT!
In case you have forgotten how to get logged in and begin working, here's a quick step by step reminder.
- Go to www.breezinthru.com.
- Select the red LOGIN button in the upper right corner
- Use the following login credentials. USERNAME: carmelhs PASSWORD: clef9393
- Scroll down to "Launch one of the cool tools" and choose "NextGen' Edition". This opens a new page with "Breezin' Thru Theory" and a play button. Push the play button.
- Scroll down to the Chapter Index and begin where you last left off.
- Complete all the Lessons and Mad Dash Drills associated with the Chapter you are currently working on. Make sure you Review Answers if you miss any and then either Redo or Submit the Drill.
- Remember you can navigate back or to other lessons or drills, using the Chapter Contents arrow at the bottom of the page. To navigate to other chapters, use the red book icon in the upper right hand corner.
2) Song Practice: Spend a minimum of 15 minutes a day listening to the following recordings of our songs and practicing your part.
The Cloths of Heaven (click title for PDF of music)
Lammaa Badaaa (click title for PDF of music)
Cantate Canticum Novum (click title for PDF of music)
Concert Choir Mens' Chorus - I have finally selected our three songs for Heritage. If Heritage doesn't happen, we can still look at performing them on another performance
Come Travel With Me (click title for PDF of music)
Omnia Sol (click title for PDF of music)
Man of La Mancha (click title for PDF of music)
Cerf Volant (click title for PDF of music)
Barter (click title for PDF of music)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7LXTjpXgNU or https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.jwpepper.com/sheet-music/search.jsp?keywords%3Dchili%2Bcon%2Bcarne&sa=D&ust=1584383581482000&usg=AFQjCNGFsXRSHOeZmUyQofg-qT8RBOQKUQ
Die Mainacht (click title for PDF of music)
Heritage Festival Tour Online Registration
- Go to www.worldstrides.com and choose the blue REGISTER button at the top of the page. A pop up "Register for a Program" window appears. Enter the following Trip ID: 176585. This will open a new window.
- Complete steps 1-5 starting with the Traveler Information. For Classification, choose Student. Students should use their CUSD email address. Review and confirm details. Once the Confirmation page appears, choose Logout and Exit page.